Life in the marketing agency world ain’t been easy over the last few years.
You think that’s an understatement? Then you’ve clearly been working at the sharp end of agency life.
Nor are you alone. Take a look at some of the figures in this infographic — and if you’ve bucked the trend by boosting your profits and client base, stop to give yourself two cheers before reading on.
Even if you’re thriving, wait a moment before awarding yourself that third cheer. It’s still tough out there and there is no shortage of competitors vying to take your place.
Embed this image on your site:
The number of agencies is growing… Clients are no longer as loyal as they once were – with two thirds thinking of switching agencies over the coming year… Average agency profits are down.
Equally problematic, client relationships can easily go wrong when your agency is under pressure and doesn’t have the right systems in place. Email overload, misunderstood briefs, insufficient communication, missed deadlines… they all undermine even the happiest and most productive client relationships.
So what do you do about it? Are there simple things you can do to make your agency shine in a crowded market?
We certainly think so, and we’d like to show you how. Find out for yourself — download our free guide How to turbocharge your marketing agency’s performance. It’s crammed full of advice to help you make sure your agency doesn’t fall down the cracks.
- 2 out of 3 marketers are thinking about leaving their current agency this year #marketing #agency #statistics Tweet This »
- Average agency profits down from to 5.43% down from 11.63% #marketing #agency #statistics Tweet This »
- Top three reasons marketers change their agency #marketing #agency #facts Tweet This »
- Number of marketing agencies has grown by nearly 15% - can you shine in a crowded market? #marketing #agency #statistics Tweet This »
- Top 3 reasons clients value systems and processes #marketing #agency #facts Tweet This »
- 7 of the most common client relationship pitfalls #marketing #agency #facts Tweet This »
Creative Industries Economic Estimates Statistical Bulletin, DCMS, December 2011
Chief Marketing Officer Council, More Gain, Less Strain: Optimizing Marketing Partner Performance and Value in a Digital World, 2011
Reardon Smith Whittaker, “A Client’s View of Agency Performance.”, January 2010 - available here >>
Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) Benchmark Report, November 2011 – brief overview >>
Central Desktop, “The state of Agency/Client Collaboration” Report, 2012 – available here >>